Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Year, New Possibilities?

So now we write 2008. A new year, full of new possibilites..

But I don't think I have ever started a year having so little clue about what it's going to be like. Not that I have previously had any psychic abilities that were magically lost, but at least I have had some studies to go back to. This time I don't. 2008 is the year for new beginnings. Tabula raza. It is the year when I am no longer a student, and my working life begins. That means, it's time to finally decide on something that I have been thinking about for at least 10 years (without getting much wiser): what I want to be when I grow up! I have never been a fan of planning toooo far ahead, but rather a strong believer in exiting possibilities turning up along the way, taking me in new, but interesting directions. So far, I haven't quite figured out what my next direction will be. But I guess there is no reason to panic. The thought has always been to find out what to become when I grow up. And I feel far from grown up yet ;)

Yet not knowing anything about anything is both good and scary. At the moment, it feels mostly scary. But I have made a start, and made one rather important decision: I am going to live in Oslo, and I have found a cute, little appartment to rent. So now at least I can snuggle up with the IKEA catalogue, thinking of ways to decorate my new little "krypinn". So, place to live can now be crossed off my list! And I'm crossing my fingers that the rest will fall into place pretty soon.

So, cheers for new beginnings.
Cheers for a new year.

I hope it is going to be a great one!

No comments: