Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Career Options

"Peace Studies? Oh! How interesting.. But tell me, what kind of job can you get after studying that?" There it is again. The Question! The question that I have gotten so many times, but still dread more than any other question.. Because what job can I get really? Time flies uncomfortably fast, and I am getting painfully aware of the fact that I only have like 6 months to find an answer to the big future-career-question. But, as always, if Plan A is difficult to come up with, why not start with Plan B? That's what I did. If I cannot decide what peace-related job I could have a chance of getting, why not choose a completely different career plan? So I have come up with a Plan B. And C. And maybe even D.

Plan B came about in the least expected circumstanses. In the changing room at Kraft last year, Kjersti and I was talking about my towel, which I told her had one of my favorite celebreties printed on it. She thought I was talking about Kristofer Hæstad (no no no), but I was of course talking about Harry Potter! However, with this misunderstanding the brilliant plan of "The Celeberty Shower Company A/S" was born! Wouldn't you like to be able to order towels with your favorite celeberty on?? If you have any special requests, just let me know, and it might even make it to the first big kolleksjon..

But such a risky Plan B also requires a Plan C.. What if celeberty towels for some mysterious reason is not a big hit? Well, I have a plan. It is called "Pink Tomatoes", and is a t-shirt store combined with a cafe that serves the best hot chocolate EVER. Also this plan came about under strange circumstances, as I was making food for old people in Iceland and spent my days without understanding what anybody said, except some Icelandic words that sounded like, yep - pink tomatoes. Therefore, the first one will be opened in Reykjavik.

If all my creative skills fail me, however, I just recently discovered a third option. Holding my lectures for Save the Children, I discovered that the prosentage of cute, young, male teachers in Finnmark is relatively high.. So maybe a school career in the far North wouldn't be such a bad idea.. After all it would be a good thing also for my huge student loan.

Well well.. Other career suggestions greatly appreciated!

No comments: