Monday, January 08, 2007

New Year. New Possibilities.

So, 2007 eh? I can't really believe it. I started the year up North in Tromsø, and had a nice New Year's celebration with Rachel, Marjaana, and Panama. Just as I suspected, New Year's in Tromsø with all the fireworks lighting up the Mørketid sky was quite fantastic to see, and also a big 2006 made out of burning candles up in the mountainside under the Fjellheis that magically changed into 2007 at midnight was great. Then we danced the new year in at Cirka, which was fun!

I think, and I hope, that 2007 is going to be a good year. You can never tell the future, I guess, but I do know that this year is going to be one full of changes and travelling for me. I start of by going to Finland for a week in January, which I think will be great. Then I am moving to Oslo to work on the last semester of my thesis. It will be quite strange and sad to leave Tromsø, but I am also excited about living in the "big city".

And then probably more changes.. This spring is hopefully my last semester as a student, which means that 2007 will be the year that I will probably have to get a real job. Scary scary. I was thinking that somewhere along all these year of studying I would figure out what I want to do when I "grow up", but that hasn't happened.. So it is going to be quite exciting to see where I am when September comes. My big plan is to move abroad and learn a new language - french mybe - and take some time off from studying and committments. That is my plan right now. But as we all know - plans change. Especially mine. That's what's so exciting about the future :)

No comments: